Workplace safety Week
Occasionally we take our workplaces for granted. We do things we probably shouldn’t do and for some this causes catastrophic consequences.
That is why April 28th was World Day for Safety and Health at work. However, I think every day we should make sure we are doing the correct things and following safety procedures.
This day aims to promote safety and health in the workplace as well as honouring those who have passed away from workplace related injuries or illnesses.
Luckily, I am here to give you some hints and tips on how to stay safe in the workplace and even reward those good behaviours.
First of all, I want to introduce you to the reward! Have you ever thought of having massage in your workplace? Or did you even know it was possible?
Calling all workplaces, organisations, bosses and staff members!
Here at Distinct Soft Tissue Therapy we are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all individuals. That’s why we have just launched corporate massage. Bringing the massage to you!
Corporate massage is a 10 minute massage that is performed is a seated massage chair. During this time staff remain fully clothed and will be able to switch off from their screens relax and release some of then tension they may be holding.
Corporate massage aims to increase productivity and happy staff and reduce sick days and muscular complaints.
Like the sound of all of that and want to know more?? Give us a message either email: distinctstt.com.au or phone: 0438282307
How to stay safe at work?
Staying safe at work is the single most important factor you can do to look after not only yourself but the people around you too!
- Stop and think about what you are doing before you do it! Is there a safer way?
- Before starting a job have a look around you! Is there any danger you need to be aware of?
- Make sure you always have a fully stocked and in date first aid kit onsite or at the workplace.
- Pick up items the right way! Remember BEND your knees when lifting!
- Get the right tools to do the job
- ASK if you are not sure of how to do something or how something works
Often we are all under the pump to get our jobs done. This is why it is important to stop and think about the things above but also yourself! You are the workplaces biggest asset!
Yourself: This one not many people think about! Like I just mentioned, we are all under the pump but if we don’t look after ourselves then who are we useful for?
By following these few self care tips you are taking a step towards looking after you!
- Get a massage! – Come and see us in clinic! Stop reading now, go on you know you want to book an appointment. The button is just up the top.
- Tradies, Yes I am talking to you concreters, brickies, builders and mechanics. Yours jobs are very physically demanding! We only have ‘One Body and One Chance’
- Take regular breaks
- Don’t put yourself under too much stress – if you are feeling stressed about your workload talk to your boss
- Do regular physical activity
- Take some time out for your loved ones and family
Unfortunately, workplace injuries sometimes do happen, without warning or knowledge. If you find yourself with a muscular injury from work or just in general…… look no further than Distinct Soft Tissue Therapy.
Here at Distinct Soft Tissue Therapy we can provide remedial massage treatments to get you back on the right track.
Why not ‘BOOK NOW’ – The button is just up the top of this page!
Your body will thank you!
Remember, be safe at work and look out for your mates as well as yourself!